Leah's blog

Sunday, July 09, 2006

My last afternoon/evening in Barcelona was great. After I went back to my hostel and did laundry, I went out to the FC Barcelona stadium and museum, which was pretty cool. Then I took the metro to la sagrada familia, which is a big temple that Gaudi started and spent the last 40 years of his life working on, and it was super super cool. Then I gave myself a little walking tour of all the gaudi architecture stuff in the area (Lizzy--the let's go guide is a complete lifesaver!), and managed to get lost and turned around more times in this one section than in the whole rest of my trip. Ironic that this was the one area I've been in that's a perfect grid, but apparently grids are too much for me to handle! Then I grabbed some dinner from the grocery store with the Scottish roommates ("dinner" used loosely, as it was a baguette and a 44 cent box of wine!) and then I went to a nearby Irish pub to watch the soccer game. Then I just walked around with this group of Irish girls I met who were crazy (real drunk and there for a bachelorette party weekend) and we just walked around and watched the street performers and didn't really do anything, but made a fun night of it. Now I just got off the train in Madrid, and my hostel has free internet and satellite tv and is real cute, so i think it'll be good. Now I'm off to explore Madrid (with suggestions from a certain ms. maggie!) for a couple hours, and then find a place to watch the world cup final tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home