Leah's blog

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

somebody stop me before I buy a fake designer bag again! The girls last night warned me that once you buy the first one, it completely becomes an addiction. For me, being my cheap and competitive self, I just like playing the game of throwing out rediculously low prices and watching the guys squirm and then walking away. Well today, I decided there was one little cute white "Gucci" bag that I really liked, and I wanted to see what they would do if I suggested paying 3 or 4 euro for it. Well I played the game and walked off with a couple guys, and then one guy agreed to 4, and so I bought it! Don't let me buy any more!!! Anyway, I also did the ruins today and the old Roman forums, and then walked over to the Spanish steps are because theres an American Express place there where I could exchange my travellers checks without commision (I was down to 56 cents!), and then I walked way across town to a little neighborhood the let's go book suggested for real good Italian food way cheap without any tourists around. After walking forever, the guide book did not disappoint! I had incredible lasagna, and people at all the tables around me were actually speaking in Italian! Crazy! After that, I walked over to the Great Synagogue, which was the first synagogue built after the Jews were let out of the Ghetto. It was huge and bright colors and had a rainbow dome and was just super pretty! Then I walked back to the hostel, stopping at a billion churches and fountains on the way (as I was about as far away from my hostel as I could be, I think there really were a billion!) And then I came back and took yet another nap, and now here I am on my way out, either to watch the Italy game at a pub or some imaginary big screen people keep alluding to but nobody actually knows where it is, or do a 4th of July pub crawl (which would all have the game too) that begins with an hour of an open bar with Budweiser, since American beer is expensive to get here and they know we're all missing it! Anyway, tomorrow morning hopefully I'll get up early and go see the pope drive around, and then get on a ferry in which I'll be in my little seat for approximately the rest of my life. Then spain!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Weah, It all sounds wonderful! Let me know if you want to do a Shadow of the Wind tour in Barcelona. I'll be glad to get info from the book about some of the non-fictional sights mentioned in it. Love, Mom

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Weah!!

I've been keeping up with your blog and so far, everything sounds amazing.

I am so jealous that you are doing all of this.

Perhaps some time in the distant future the 6 of us could do a cousins vacation and we could see the sights of some fantastic place.

And the thing is... our moms would probably say yes in an instant because they love when we spend time together and all of that good stuff.

So yeah.

I hope you're having a fantastic day and I can't wait to read more!!

Love,
Allie

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now which is better...the designer knock-offs or your dollar store purse?

Have a good time in Spain, I'm looking forward to your posts from there.

Love,
Mags =)

PS- I went to Big Bang on Sunday and they played Livin' On a Prayer ;)

9:46 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Do you honestly know how jealous you make me? When am I going to get this adventure of a lifetime?

Will you promise to tell me how much money you spent when you're all done?

Wish I could be there with you. But I do get to be Sleeping Beauty!

Love you.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home