Leah's blog

Monday, July 10, 2006

Yesterday in Madrid was awesome. Thanks to maggie's brilliant ideas/directions, I walked from my hostel to Retiro Park, which is kind of like a big central park type thing. The walk there was awesome, I got to go passed a couple of the main plazas and fancy buildings and such, and then the park was absolutely perfect! There's a big pool with rowboats you can rent, and tons of little paths and walkways and a couple museums. I stumbled into this one museum, which was totally cool and different, although a complete mind trip. It was this whole building made completely from glass, so the sun coming through the windows made rainbows on evertything. The floor was made completely of mirrors, so just walking around looking down, everything moved and stretched and distorted crazily and there were all sorts of colors floating around. I'm convinced that's what some of those crazy drugs must make you feel like. Also, they gave you special socks to wear on the mirrors, and I got to keep them and they're actually cute, so yay for one more pair of clean socks! Then I walked back here and rested for a bit, and then watched the world cup final in my hostel. This new hostel has a very community feel, so there were tons of us all watching together, and we were originally planning on going on a pub crawl at midnight that 10 hostels do every sunday and wednesday night, but we all just ended up having a ton of fun staying in and nobody really wanted to shower or get dressed fancy or anything, so we all just hung out around here and had a great time. Now I'm off to explore Madrid, not really sure what I'm going to do today but I'll keep you posted!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes. i am brilliant. woot.

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leah,
Keep having tons of fun. I am getting such vicarous thrills from reading your blog - it sounds like you're seeing & doing such amazing things every day and meeting such "interesting" people. Enjoy - I can't wait to hear more about Spain as I was supposed to go there years ago but it didn't work out, as I met Uncle Larry instead. But this weekend he tried teaching me how to "fish", so it's all good. (I didn't catch anything). Love, Aunt Carol

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home